Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Bistro Soori

Bistro Soori
Bistro Soori 2 Teck Lim Road Singapore 088385 T. +65 6438 3802
(Near Outram/Tanjong Pagar)

I fell in love with this place. G booked under reservation for my bday dinner. AM always glad for G. Never fails to put a smile on my face. For as long as I have known G, my days nv felt loney and down. Everyday is like RAINBOWSDAYS. I wonder why. :) But anyway, this place is perfect for fine dinning. A hidden, informal restaurant with a small open kitchen and a few tables, ensuring you to feel comfy when dining. Very different from those high ends restaurant. If you’re one of those people that likes to watch their food prepared, the bar counter is just the place for you.
 
 
We had starter for Angel Hair Pasta ( No pic) 
 
Cold Marinated Angel Hair Pasta, Avruga Roe, Seaweed
 
Slow Roasted Pork Belly, Pumpkin, Frisse, Pumpkin Seed, Yuzu Gastrique
 
The roasted pork belly was awesome! The best I've tasted thus far. We were very very impressed with the starter. It kinda keeps us going on to crave for more towards the mains for the night. Very tender texture, once you bite, the meat literally melts in your mouth. It's a 'must order'! The perfect balance between the salty flavor from the roasted pork and the overflowing sweetness from the pumpkin, leave us into major satisfaction.
 
 
Brown Butter Lobster, Fennel, Tomato, Tamarind, Thai Basil
 
Deliciously grilled on the outside, the lobster was fork-tender as it should be. However, I thought it was not as juicy as it could be. The sauce on the other hand was creamy and it blends really well with the lobster. I thought perhaps the tomato taste kinda covers up the original taste of mains. But overall in my opinion, this dish is not filling to the tummy. I was still hungry after finishing my portion. So I guess, if you are hungry you might wanna consider ordering other mains, so as to keep you full.
 
 
 
 
 
Cured Roasted Pork Tenderloin, Braised Red Cabbage, Grain Mustard, GoldenRaisin, Pear.
 
It was an explosion of flavors in the mouth. It was so good. Tender and refreshing. Every element of the dish worked together: the taste of the pork, the soury taste that was blasting from the mixtures of the fruits kinda balance up the overall feel. Oh my, the sauce. The sauce was extraordinary. I do no know how it was form, but overall it was good. I still prefer the starter ( Slow Roasted Pork Belly) though.
 
Araguani Dark Chocolate Cake, Raspberry Sauce, Vanilla Ice Cream
 
Overall, it was truly an awesome night not forgetting my pressie! Finally lay hands on my Giant City - Part time! Am so over the moon. I guess that would be my everyday-wear till the next one comes. Alrighty, Dec is round the corner. Counting down for christmas I suppose. Buying of presents next week... Oh the long lists . . . . . ..  Blessed week ahead people! God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment