Friday, March 16, 2012

TAIWAN DAY 1

After disappearing for a week. Here i am back in town. Flew off to Taiwan for 11 days during the first week of March. Weather and the company was perfect much! 10 degree in Taipei and 5 deg in HeHuan Mountain. Oh ya I travel out of Taipei and headed up to Alishan and Ching Jing. Was able to capture the beautiful creation of the sunrise! How awesome was that. Well I'm gonna just break the post into a few differnt sectors. Too many pictures to be uploaded.. Half way I think I'll just generate the rest of the pics in fb.  As I'm writting down this post, I'm already missing Taipei. The city, the food, the people and the weather! Everything I should say :D Awwww!

If anyone of you requires the entire trip's itinerary, feel free to email me directly.
The following pictures are as follows:
  • 1. Taipei XMD ( That's where my Hotel is located at. TS Hotel )
  • 2. Taipei 101
  • 3. Eslite Bookstore.
  • 4. Shida Night Market.
 *( Please pardon the grainy pics in between, my cam died on me halfway through:(.*

My first meal in Taipei!

Ay-Chung Flour-Rice Noodle 阿宗麵線
 It is a famous must-eat street food (台湾小吃) in Taipei. Ay-Chung serves mee sua with large intestines (大肠麵線).

Xi-Meng-Ting Headquarter/西門町總店:
Address: No.8-1, Emei St., Wanhua District, Taipei City
Walking Directions: 5 minutes walk from Ximen MRT station, exit 6
地址: 台北市峨嵋街8號之1
Opening Hours: 11:00 to 22:30 (Mon – Thu); 11:00 to 23:00 (Fri – Sun)
Tel: 02-2388-8808

 
 TAIPEI 101 BUILDING
Din manage to went up that day as the weather was quite bad. The view was not as good as normal days. Nevertheless we manage to do some tourist-shots which was hilarious. Passerby gave us stunning looks as usual! By the way if you are heading to Taipei 101, pop by their ZARA stores. Items are dirtcheap. Those guys manage to shop and they nailed it. I mean their cards! I manage to control within my means still, maybe because the weather that day was MADNESS COLD!

Taiwan Eslite Mall / 誠品複合商場
 One of the largest retail bookstore chains in TW. It also provides one of the largest english publications and translation materials in Taiwan. Its headquarters are in Xinyi District, Taipei.
Eslite Bookstore was the first to set up a 24-hour bookstore in Taiwan at its Dunhua store, attracting night-time readers.
Chilla over @ Agnes b Cafe. Had Salmon Sandwich, Cappu.


Makan dindin over @ Shida Night Market. Korean Cuisine.
Nearest MRT: Taipower MRT Station.
Shida Night Market is famous for their numerous local delicacies. The crowds was insane that night. But I would advise you to be more adventurous in your selections. Visitors may have a food marathon for crepes, steambuns, korean food, tempura, pork rice etc all at various reasonable price. On a side note** btw recently, when I went, Shida's area seems to have some internal conflicts with their developer therefore most of the shops has since been closed. You might still wanna give it a try for your next trip but I can't confirm if they will still be open.

By Taipei MRT:
Take Taipei MRT-Xindian Line (捷運新店線) to MRT Guting Station (捷運古亭站). A 10 minute walk along Heping E. Road (和平東路) towards National Taiwan Normal University (師大) will take you to Shida Night Market (師大夜市).
Take Taipei MRT-Xindian Line to MRT Taipower Station (捷運台電大樓站). A 5 minute walk towards Shida Road (師大路) from exit no. 3 of MRT Taipower Station will take you to Shida Night Market (師大夜市). ( Mrt Info via travelking )

 Btw the muachi is a *musttry*! at XMD. It was so dope I got it almost every night when I was in Taipei. Not forgetting the fried mushroom and X-large chicken.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment